So about a week ago Ella figured out how to crawl. And now every day she is getting just a little bit faster. It's the funniest thing to watch as she scoots along. Soon, very soon, we are going to have to do some babyproofing. Not only is she now crawling, she is pulling herself up whenever there is something to hang on to. Most recently Jim found her standing in her crib in the morning! She's only done that once so far but I'm sure it's just a matter of time...or perhaps if she didn't sleep in her sleepsack it might be a little easier. Anyhow, she is definitely a girl on the move now. I'm sure it won't be long before she is walking as she can already walk around her play pen while holding on.
In other Ella updates, for about a week now she has been sleeping through the night!! (Of course I'm sure I've cursed it now :) ) She sleeps from about 7:30-8pm to about 6:30ish. Some days she wakes up around 5am but usually has been able to put herself back to sleep and if not, a bottle usually does the trick. Of course 6:30am isn't exactly sleeping in on our days off but we try to get her back to sleep til at least 8am or so...doesn't always work though and my wonderful hubby usually ends up getting up and entertaining her allowing me to catch a few more zzzzz's. Speaking of bottles, Ella is no longer breastfeeding. I miss it but am glad I stopped before her teethsies came in! Ella is eating a variety of solid (organic, jarred) foods and there isn't much she doesn't like. She has even gotten over her dislike of green beans and rice. She is eating more and more, a half jar does not satisfy her anymore and I think she is definitely getting ready for *real* food. She loves her Cheerios and bits and pieces of our food that we give her. As she learns how to chew a bit better, I am looking forward to giving her more of the foods we eat and less of the mushy jarred stuff. Lastly, Ella loves to babble and is constantly amusing us with her new sounds and faces as she tries out new ways to form sounds. She is a super happy little girl and honestly, I just can't get enough of her - especially the calm I feel when she falls asleep on me in one of those baby bear hugs before I put her down in her crib at night and seeing her break out into her happy smiling face the moment she sees us after she wakes up. During these moments, nothing else matters.
4 comments:
She is so cute! Standing and crawling already...it seems so fast!
Absolutely adorable!!!
Oh my goodness! I love the video. Soooo cute. And all her little noises...I can't stand it!!!!
that blond hair is so beautiful. miss you. xo dana
Post a Comment